...finding out what works
In the private sector, brands are bought and sold for millions of dollars. Robust brand evaluation is therefore critical. Although public sector brands are not valued in financial terms, it is important to measure how they perform against their business objectives and whether they represent value to the taxpayer.
Your brand or brands should be:
- communicating your message effectively
- building a positive reputation for your organisation or service which, in times of crisis, can act as a 'bank of goodwill' with your key audiences.
Brand evaluation will show you whether your brand is meeting these objectives. It will also help you to identify opportunities for improving the performance of your brands.
Organisations with good reputations have:
- a clear, credible vision and purpose
- strong, visible leadership
- evidence of successful delivery
- a consistent, well-managed brand(s)
- motivated employees acting consistently
- engaged stakeholders.
These sections will help you evaluate your brand.